• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3-digit numbers appended to sequence names due to frame.io?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every few days Premiere Pro appends 3 digits to my sequence names.  Not always, and sometimes only some of my sequences. I have to remove the appended digits.

Also, sometimes when I open Premiere Pro, I see the numbers appear appended to the sequences, and then they disappear.

Why is this happening? Or what could I look for to find the cause? Could it possibly have something to do with the frame.io extension?

Thanks!

[title edited by mod]

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is happening to me. It's very frustating because it can ruin your name structure. Is there a way to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you also using the frame.io extension? My understanding is that the numbering is part of the indexing process for that extension. I try to stay out of its way when its indexing and things are better, although not perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am! I think that you are right. When opening Premiere it adds and then removes those numbers. I saved the project and closed Premiere before that process finished, and the extra numbers were recorded foverer to the clips, ruining the name of the sequences. I think I'll get rid of the extension, it's not worth it having that risk!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what Frame told me:

"When the Frame.io extension is launched, we assign a unique index number to each project item and then identify them as a sequence and rename them back when the indexing process has been completed.
If you wait until the extension completes the indexing, your sequence names will return to the correct name.
You can check the indexing process progress at the very bottom of the extension window.

While we know that this is not ideal and we hope to improve this experience in future releases.
I hope this helps explain and sorry for the confusion here."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines