Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3 way color corrector problem [branched and renamed by moderator]

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all, that worked.

Next issue: I'm working with the lynda.com tutorials (which have always been great) and in Three-Way Color Correction > Secondary Color Correction set-up, and when ticking "Show Mask" the record monitor goes black (not white), and when then clicking on the eye dropper the monitor remains black.  Further, the eye dropper within the Color Picker also is not selcting any colours I happen to be hovering over.  Help? 

Moderator note: 

This was branched from your original thread as that question has been resolved and this is a different issue.

It would be best if you started a new thread when asking about unrelated problems.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, my (red) cursor somehow is now huge on my screen, far too big for each track, and I must have accidentally pressed something.  How to get back to normal size? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working with the Lynda.com tutorials (which have always been great) and in Three-Way Color Correction > Secondary Color Correction set-up, and when ticking "Show Mask" the record monitor goes black (not white as it does in the tutorials), and then when clicking on the eye dropper the monitor remains black. Further, the eye dropper within the Color Picker also is not selcting any colours I happen to be hovering over.

Also, inexplicably the red cursor (when pulling clips in either direction) has suddenly gone too large.  I must have pressed something without realising.

Help? DC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Black is correct. You need to sample, click on the image with the dropper to show white areas.

Anyway i would ignore the 3-way CC as its an obselete effect and focus on the Lumetri panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Supermandan1 ,

It is lvery likely that you are working through a tutorial that was recorded using an older version of Premiere Pro. As @Ann Bens stated, this is a depracted function.

Here is a helpful tutorial for you. Adjust color with the Lumetri Color panel in Premiere Pro | Adobe Premiere Pro tutorials

Best

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ann is correct ... that ancient "3 Way" was kinda cool for its day, which is long gone. Some of the math behind the controls in sections is wonky. Avoid it.

I'm a contributing author at MixingLight.com, a pro colorist's teaching website. "Specializing" in color correction in Premiere Pro. I've worked with color in Premiere since CS6 and the unique but (to me!)

wondrous color correction app SpeedGrade, laid to rest now some years back. I test and push this stuff all over.

Yea ... the 3-Way isn't a great tool. I'm surprised it's still "there". Soon I'm assuming it won't be.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines