Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

360 video loading slow

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we have chosen to use Premiere Cloud to edit our 360 videos. The problem is we have one hour long video shot in 8k (about 18GB - reduced from 28GB) and our PC (ThreadRipper with RTX Graphics board and M2 SSD) is taking ages to load the file.

It has been going for over 1 hour now and just says "Import files (not responding)".

I did use Mistika VR for a trial but it needed another application for sound so went to this but it loads the same file in seconds... Starting to regret my choice now.

Alan

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An hour long 360 degrees video of 18GB is no easy fit for any NLE, presumably.

How much RAM does your system have? What type of GPU does your system have?

Perhaps it was a better idea to shoot the video in multiple takes, for smaller individual file sizes.

I guess you are editing the content to shorten its length?

With such relatively new technology it's always best to test first, rather than find out in post and then blame Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

The GPU is a Nvidia Geforce 2080 Super but that isn't being utilised at all. The machine has a ThreadRipper 3955WX with 32GB of RAM.

CPU is showing 10% utilisation and memory for Adobe is at 6.2GB, GPU is ticking along between 0-1%.

The video was of the Motofest carol service in December and as it was 360 video (Insta360 Pro 2), we were doing our best to stay out of shot which is why we ran it for 1 hr and moved the camera in the break. I reduced the resolution to 4k to make the file 18GB from the initial 28GB.

Ideally we would like to join it up to the other video which is another 8GB but this isn't looking likely.

Insta360 software took 3 hours to stitch this and if I load in Mistika VR it loads instantanteously (just tried).

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines