Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

360 Video Performance Drop with High Quality Photos

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

I stiched a 360 panorama with 800 Megapixel and was trying to make a 360 Video out of it.

Of course 800 Mp won't be nice working with, so i downsampled it to 200, 100 and 50 Megapixel. 50 Mp works really smooth in the view monitor but as soon as i try 100, i can't look around the view monitor without having to wait about a minute to see something to move.

As a disclamer: I would like to use the highest possible resolution to be able to zoom in without losing quality at all but this makes it impossible. 

Am i missing something, or is premiere not capable of such high resolutions?

Using 32Gb Ram, Ryzen 5 3600, Geforce GTX 1060 (GPU acceleration is on, RAM is not full and CPU on low usage)

Greetings 

Simon

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro works by pixel count, not Mb size. And it is not designed to handle massive resolution (pixel size) still images. The typical recommendation is to stick within 2-4 times the frame-size of your sequence. So for a 1920x1080 sequence, one would recommend images no larger than 7680x4320 unless you really need the larger image for massive "zoom" work.

Does that give you a bit more idea what to work within?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

thanks for your fast reply.

Yes, seems like i'm testing the limits of what is possible to work with.

Sry for my bad writing i didnt mean mb but Megapixel (Mp). So i may stick to the limits you gave me!

Thanks

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's so flipping many things to learn about this app, that aren't necessarily obvious or included in any findable documentation. So I'm happy to help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines