Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

360 VR Export - no hardware encoding over 4k resolution with H264 codec

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when trying to export 360 VR monoscopic projects at a resolution above 4k, the HARDWARE ENCODING option doesn't work anymore. It gives me an error when I try to choose it: "your system hardware does not support hardware acceleration for the current setting"

Until 4k resolution, everything works great.

Anybody alse having the same problem?

Configuration:

I9 9900K at 5ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti - 11GBvram

32GB Corsair 3000mhz Ram

Win 10 Pro, latest Studio Driver from nVidia and Premiere Pro 14.6

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

It's due to the limitation in ALL hardware encoders on Nvidia GPUs. 4k resolution is the absolute maximum that you can do when exporting to H.264. At higher resolutions only software encoding is possible. You'll have to switch to HEVC (H.265) if you want hardware encoding at higher than 4k resolutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's due to the limitation in ALL hardware encoders on Nvidia GPUs. 4k resolution is the absolute maximum that you can do when exporting to H.264. At higher resolutions only software encoding is possible. You'll have to switch to HEVC (H.265) if you want hardware encoding at higher than 4k resolutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. I lost a few hours trying to find this simple answer from customer service....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines