• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4 Camera Multicam Sequence Shows Black Video on All But One Angle

Engaged ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a strange issue where my multicam sequence I've previously edited is now showing just black video on every angle but one. I removed all the effects from the clips in the multicam sequences just to make sure that wasn't causing the problem, but no luck. I made a short video clip to show the issue I'm having. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Also, they're still black if I try rendering the work area or exporting the video.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

FINALLY here is the ultimative workaround for this issue which was introduced in Premiere 2017.2 and continued to stay in the current version of Premiere 2018 (12.0.1). A suggestion in the past was to flat or deactivate your cameras in the nested multicam sequence. Doing this lets you at least see all cameras and you are able to export properly. But further multicam edits are prevented in this sequence. Also quiting and reopenig, doing a raindance or yelling at the clods sometimes works but in m

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum us user-to-user peer support with some oversight from product support staff, not product development. It is useful to post this here for other users to see of course, but does not communicate anything to the engineers.

Please file over on the UserVoice system that you've had this issue. Does it happen? Yes ... but across the total user base, very rarely. You can't fix what you can't replicate, for these types of issues they need data.

And that system is where they get it, both for the engineers to see and collated for the upper managers to check. 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for this. I was losing my mind. The amount of STUPID bugs in this expensive software boggle the mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me thanks a lot! I imagin it just restets everything (or like a refresh) None the less, it worked and thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was having the same issue. My fix was to ctrl+ double click on my multicam footage (the nest), which opens the nested sequence in a new timeline. Stacked in that sequence are all of my original source clips. I used the slip tool (Y key) and slipped each of my source clips a random number of frames, either left or right. Then I used "undo" to undo what I had slipped, and voila! My footage in my multicam sequence was no longer black and back to normal. 

I did try all of the other fixes mentioned above in this thread, but they did not work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works too, you just have to modify something to the image of the multicam sequence, I usually move the scale or the position. Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a hilarious joke that Adobe knows about this, and willfully refuses to fix it. Any competent coder at the multibillion-dollar Adobe Corporation could fix this bug in a matter of minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the same issue, but the magic fix mentioned GermanTV and bdunard isn't working for me, it saved me a lot of times, but this one I can't get back my sequence!

I tryed this: 1. Drag the nested videos to the left and back. (on the upper section of the snapshot) 2. Add an FX to all clips. 3. Restart Premiere 4. Restart PC   5. Use a new prproj 6. Clear Cache 7. Turn off CUDA 8. Render (It outputs a black screen too)

9. Yell to the clouds   and    10 (Obviously) Cry....  Nothing works. 

I thought in copy the main sequence, make a new nest from the original sequence and copy manually the cuts, but I can't, because there is some time remmaping, stabilization, fx and more things that I can't lose. 

The weird thing is that in the same timeline, one nested section is working fine, but the other isn't! (see snap 2)

I you can't help, just send a hug 🤣

Captura de pantalla 2021-08-18 13.07.58.png

christianp42872649_0-1629303439031.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION that worked for me:

2. Add an FX to all clips AND CTRL+Z

1. Select ALL clips in nested sequence (the one that has all original clips)

2. Select in "effects" panel a light effect, like "Black and White"

3. Drag and apply same effect to all clips in the nested sequence

4. Ctrl + Z

Done! That fix worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still had this issue in 2023. solved it by creating nested video out of all the clips and the problem went away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

November 2023. This worked for me. I returned to the multicam sequence, selected one clip that had blacked out, scaled it up, and then back down one. I went to the timeline, and all my clips were visible. Unbelievable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines