Highlighted

4 hours to export a 30 minute video

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to premier pro, but it took over an hour to export a 10 minute video and 4 hours to export a 30 minute video. Literally just 3 tracks with 2 transitions. 1 overlay image and that's it. Are there setting I can change to make it faster but keep good quality? 

Correct answer by Floyd5EE2 | Community Beginner

Well I guess I'm going to find a work around to go back to PowerPoint and cancel Adobe. I only came to this because it was recommended but I'll tell you this is much more complicated than any other program I've used. Not worth the hassle of ridiculous export times for no better quality and performance. Thanks everyone for the replys

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

4 hours to export a 30 minute video

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to premier pro, but it took over an hour to export a 10 minute video and 4 hours to export a 30 minute video. Literally just 3 tracks with 2 transitions. 1 overlay image and that's it. Are there setting I can change to make it faster but keep good quality? 

Correct answer by Floyd5EE2 | Community Beginner

Well I guess I'm going to find a work around to go back to PowerPoint and cancel Adobe. I only came to this because it was recommended but I'll tell you this is much more complicated than any other program I've used. Not worth the hassle of ridiculous export times for no better quality and performance. Thanks everyone for the replys

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not with the information you supplied. Mac, PC, GPU, Memory, Media... etc...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20201011_204408.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20201011_204629.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we need to know which version of premiere you're working with and your source properties and sequence settings and of course your export settings...  Have a feeling your graphics card is a underpowered...  You might check to see if it meets minimum specs for the version of premiere you're using

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely looks like an underpowered machine. What kind of media you working with? Do you have color grading? What effects? Certain effects can add tremendous amounts of encode time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is absolutely no way to achieve this with your laptop. It just does not have enough reserved graphics RAM to do its job at all. You see, Premiere Pro requires a minimum of 2 GB of VRAM just to avoid being permanently locked to the MPE software-only mode. Unfortunately, none of the 5th-Generation or earlier (pre-2016) Intel CPUs allow more than 1.6 GB of system RAM to be used as VRAM to begin with. This will permanently lock Premiere Pro to software-only everything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant PowerDirector not power point

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0