• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4 minute video taking 6 hours to export. HELP!!!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am filming on an Action Camera (fake GoPro), It's only a 4 minute video and yet it's taking 6 hours on a VBR 1 pass 8 mbps.

I am recoding footage on 1080p 60fps, I want to export as the same settings to YouTube.

I have added lends distortion effect to removal the 'Fish Eye' look.

I'm using Premiere Pro 2020.

Let me know if you guys need more info!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

That kind of performance is not surprising at all, given your hardware configuration:

1. Your CPU is now nine years old. Worse, it has only two physical cores, and its IPC (Instructions Per Clock) performance is relatively poor by current standards.
  2. Your integrated GPU has absolutely no GPGPU support at all whatsoever. Not even OpenCL. As a result, Premiere's renderer is permanently locked to the software-only mode, which means that everything uses only the already woefully underpowered CPU.
  3. Finally,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now for some reason the time has shot down to 2 hours remaining, not complaining but not sure why....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not like it's a common issue, and we can say, 'oh, it's this...' - you're going to have to explain more what you're doing and the basics, what version number of PP, mac, win, OS specs, hardware specs, etc... consider this a bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro 2020, Windows 10 64-bit.

Processor:

Intel(R) Core(TM) I3-2310m CPU @2.10ghz, 210 Mhz, 2 Core(S) , 4 Logical Processors.

6gb RAM

I know specs are rubbish, but 6 hours for a 4 minute video??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not going to get much better. I'm surprised you can even do what you are doing as the minimum requirement is 8GB for the memory. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/uk/premiere-pro/system-requirements.ug.html

I think PP 2019 is available from the Creative Cloud app you might try that to see if it impoves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the problem is lack of GPU-acceleration in your system. The 'Lens distortion' filter is extremely slow in SW mode, looks like it is not optimized for multicore CPUs at all. I've just did quick test on my rubbish 4core CPU of 2006 era, results for 15sec of 1080/60 footage + Lens distortion filter:
with GPU acceleration ~ 1min
no GPU accel (SW mode) ~ 25-30min (I did not wait till the end) 

So, one way or another you need to get GPU acceleration. My (far from fresh) 1GB GTX 750 card get barely 20% load during export, so you don't need "the latest and greatest" for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats the best way to upgrade my GPU card? Will it allow me to check hardware accelaration if I get one, because atm, there is no option to select hardware, just software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your CPU model (i3-2310m) suggests that you are working on a laptop, which means that you can't upgrade GPU separately, only by replacing the laptop as whole. There is micro chance, that you actually have a decent GPU unside, but it just need driver update. You can use "speccy" tool to get more info about your system:
https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to switch renderers from project settings,

if you only have software only enabled, consider updating your gfx driver from the vendor's site..

also try to export to something other than H.264 like QuickTime GoPro Cineform yuv 10 bits,

you can do that before applying distortion, then apply it on the exported version and export again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"try to switch renderers from project settings"

Not sure what you mean?

There is no option to use Hardware,

It's for YouTube and I was told that H264 was the best one to use?

Will exporting twice decrease quality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to need a new machine, no updating on the laptop. You don't want to throw any $$ at that machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking at getting the Huawei Pro 2020. It's gonna be a while though because I can't afford atm, which is why I was hoping there maybe something I could do with this current machine for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i3 2310M @ 2.10GHz 64 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Acer VA50_HC_HR (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Storage
465GB Seagate ST9500325AS (SATA (SSD)) 38 °C
Optical Drives
Slimtype DVD A DS8A8SH
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

This is what I got from Speccy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are out of luck, there is no 'decent' GPU in your current laptop. As to Huawei Pro 2020, well, if it's the one for $2k, then I'd say that's waste of money, but it's up to you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Laptop reccomendations best for Premiere 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't recommend specific models, just general specs that you can get for $1-1.5k:

CPU: preferably 6c/12t or more,  (4/8 can be ok for light projects/tasks, but less future proof)

GPU: GTX1650/1660/2060

RAM: 16GB/32GB

Storage: 256 SSD + 1TB HDD, or 512+ SSD

Display: 15.6" IPS 1920x1080

Take you time and do some research first, use google as I'm 😉

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/buying-guides/the-best-laptop-for-video-editing

https://freedom251.com/best-laptops-for-adobe-premiere-pro/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Pro (16 inches screen is better)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Windows since i'l never go to Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any decent desktop will pretty much (without a major bump in $$) out perform a laptop. Without major engineering, good hardware just generates too much heat to put into a laptop. ... one of the reasons that serous video editors were begging mac for a new desktop earlier this year. (this is NOT just a mac thing it also is a windows thing... er actually a physics thing, power = heat and confined spaces are harder to disperse heat from)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check it out, but I love using a laptop for it's portability. Plus I'm only making YouTube videos of me talking to the camera which are about 5 mins each.

Im not doing any special effects etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get a desktop if you can. Here's a link to the Hardware forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware/bd-p/video-hardware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really should check out Puget Systems. https://www.pugetsystems.com/

I learned about them on this forum as a beginning editor a few years ago. If you're willing to save money up to buy something good in the future, trust these people... they have the reputation they do for a reason. No, I don't work for them. I'm just relieved that I let them build my computer as a newbie a few years ago. Avoided so many of these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they have perfect solutions and Adobe friends.. thumbs up!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will check it out thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines