Highlighted

4k - 1080 export issue

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, Long story short i edited a clip in PP using 1080 sequence settings at 23.976fr. the sequence has 4k drone footage in it scaled accordingly. Exported first draft matching export settings inH264 CBR 40mbs. I have done this for countless clips and they have worked fine including this draft. I reviewed and made changes to the project as required (trimming and effects nothing else). exported again without changing any settings and now my drone footage in the video is choppy and i cannot for the life of my figure out why. tried modifying a few sequenece and export settings and still the same problem. tried different players, phone, laptops. same same. Editing on a 2019 Mac.

Any help greatly appreciated. TIA. 

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

4k - 1080 export issue

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, Long story short i edited a clip in PP using 1080 sequence settings at 23.976fr. the sequence has 4k drone footage in it scaled accordingly. Exported first draft matching export settings inH264 CBR 40mbs. I have done this for countless clips and they have worked fine including this draft. I reviewed and made changes to the project as required (trimming and effects nothing else). exported again without changing any settings and now my drone footage in the video is choppy and i cannot for the life of my figure out why. tried modifying a few sequenece and export settings and still the same problem. tried different players, phone, laptops. same same. Editing on a 2019 Mac.

Any help greatly appreciated. TIA. 

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wkelly,

Sorry for your issue. We've got your back.

Could you share a short video that shows the problem so that we can understand it better?

Here's what you can try:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puzzled at what's happening.

I do have one question ... why are you exporting to H.264, then requiring CBR? You're both trying to get high compression and forcing wasted data into the file ... I don't understand that. Typically CBR only forces the encoding of extra un-needed bits on some frames, I've had great trouble trying to find any improvement in image quality with it.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines