• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4K MP4 video exports fine, but a single clip is missing audio.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple video (video, voiceover and background music) that I'm exporting to MP4.  

When I watch the video, there is one clip that is missing audio, but the music plays beneath it.  I re-exported the video after checking the project (nothing is muted in Premiere -- it should play the audio) and the audio works!  But now, the audio is missing from the clip just before it.

This is clearly an issue with Premiere, because it acts like there's audio when I play back, but when I export, the clip is missing its audio.

(This is the first video edit I've made it through without Premiere crashing constantly -- but now it wont export properly.  I kind of assumed for $50 per month that the software would just... work.)

What do I do to get Premiere to export the video AS IT SHOULD with no missing audio clips?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting the video using the Adobe Media Encoder and check the following post -https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-crash-while-using-export-settings-in-pr...

If the audio issue is still there then I would request you to share the screenshot of premiere pro and export settings. 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your reply, Vishu.

I tried exporting via Media Encoder as well and the problem persisted.  I ended up time-remapping the clip with missing audio to 99.9% and exported again and it worked... I got the background music, plus the audio from the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines