5.1 Audio Hardware not recognizing Xonar SE Asus card on ASUS z-170A windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Premiere 2020 up to date.

It has a Xonar SE pci card, even though it has a realtek in motherboard, because I need to monitor and playback in 5.1.

I have Logitech z5500 5.1 speakers.

I play DVD's Blue Rays from same computer and from PS4 via hdmi.

Via HDMI I stream netflix, amazon, criterion, hulu, youtube, etc. I understand some, if not most dont have 5.1 streaming capabilities.

My Premiere Pro, Cannot recognize the 5.1 hardware when I open preferences hardware, and still sees only 2 channels. Only once I have seen them all, but never again. 

To me its a driver issue, and eventhough I reisntall etc, I cant get it to work.

In Windows, the 5.1 test plays fine, some movies play fine, inputting into card via line, but Premiere cant seem to know there is 5.1 system. I have both Analog and Digital connections.

Please help so I can monitor what I edit.

My output would be the card but it should know it has the 6 speakers.

please help me solv this. I had played so long with the realtek that decided to buy the card just for premiere to monitor, but it cant. Perhaps its the previous version that could? IDK...

TOM 

Ive watched this and I know how to create a sequence and how to work it, but cannot monitor it even though I have the hardware, cables, software.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikAmjIp9Q-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcYqm42QTbo

In today's livestream, I'll give you a quick overview of how to setup a session for 5.1 and integrate your final multichannel mix (or stems) into a Premiere ...
Principal Worldwide Evangelist Jason Levine takes you through the process to create a 5.1 sequence, multi-channel track panning options, sound automation and...
TOPICS
Audio, Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?