Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

5.1 motion menu in Encore

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I want to create a 5.1 motion menu in Encore. I have exported the video and the audio separately. What audio format and settings do I have to choose, when I want to create a Blu-ray? Whatever I try, at the end the Blu-ray has no sound.

TOPICS
Audio , Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my 5.1 work I use Dolby Digital for the Audio but Premiere needs a plug-in to export to that format.

https://www.minnetonkaaudioshop.com/epages/MASIShop.mobile/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/MASIShop/Product...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont think you can. Stereo wave might be max.

Most commercial dvd or bd have their menu in stereo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed SurCode into the default folders. Where can I see now in Encore, that it is active or do I have to setup something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@badboyxx 

Apologies for getting the reply order messed up below - I should have replied to your post first instead of second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens - Might be worth trying as a 5.1 AC3 file - the worst that could happen is it would get played as Lt/Rt using the codec downmix settings created at export.

@badboyxx - If I recall right, the Surcode export options will appear in Premiere Pro, not Encore. Encore is an assembly tool at heart, and this is what it should primarily be used for and it is always best to feed it with the correct elementary streams rather than allowing it to transcode anything - it's basic transcoder cannot handle 5.1 because it is a consumer level one and these were never 5.1 capable so you won't be able to create the 5.1 AC3 stream using Encore - it must be done in Premiere, with the outputs correctly assigned in the audio mixer too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surcode is used when exporting from Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines