• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

5 Days to export a 4k 9 hour video, is this normal?

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9 Hour Fire.png

It's also been stuck at zeros remaining for 6+ hours and the file isn't completed yet? It routinely crashes on me like this; hopefully not this time after not being able to export anything else the last 5 days!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Turns out there was not enough space on the drive! 335GB! I need to hardwire my modem before attempting this upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estas tratando de exportar 9 horas de video (no sabemos las especificaciones de tu pc) normalmente unap elicual asi de grande y en 4k va a demorar bastante (no creo que 5 dias)
Si no encuentras solcuion exporta por bloques mas pequeños de video (de dos horas aprox) y despues los unes y vuleves a exportar unos solo. todo sera mas fluido.
espero te sirva.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you have sufficient hard disk space for your export and that your destination drive is has been formatted in such a way that allows for a file that size...   The prediction of export time is always a guess and in many cases, I prefer to divide the task up by using "smart rendering."  For example, I set my preview format to prores 422 in the sequence settings and render the entire sequence and then export to prores 422 with the "use previews" checked.  You can check the progress of the render and stop it periodically if you want and check to make sure everything is rendered correctly before doing your export...

But a 9 hour 4k export is going to take a long time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Y.png

The original file is 375GB, 60fps, ProresHQ, 10 bit, 35 minute (GH5 Atomos Ninja). I'm currently moving an additional 200GB to another drive so hoepfully that works (and I don't have to start over). I'm exporting to upload to Youtube for my Fire relazation channel. This will be the first video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

specs.pngY.pngHD.png

The original file is 375GB, 60fps, ProresHQ, 10 bit, 35 minute (GH5 Atomos Ninja). I'm currently moving an additional 200GB to another drive so hoepfully that works (and I don't have to start over). I'm exporting to upload to Youtube for my Fire relazation channel. This will be the first video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

people are going to look at a 9 hr video on youtube, home of the short attention span ?  bwdik... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy, huh. Relaxation, study, ambience vids. Many of them have millions of views. I'm just trying to find the best way to export them in high quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

80Mbps is pretty high for Youtube to be honest, 40Mbps would be more than enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sami's got a good point, although not sure how much difference the lower bitrate will make in your encode time.  It will definitely make a big difference in your file size.  I'd suggest you do a short test at the 2 bitrates and see if there's any noticeable difference on youtube.   

Would be interested in seeing your piece when it's done.  I certainly have no insight into what makes a youtube success.  I cut a piece for a client about 5 years ago that has over 4.5 million views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDl0aw3GaXk

who would have thought.... my only regret is that we didn't start monetizing her channel til about a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No wonder it is taking that long. The HDD is a spinning 5400rpm drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt the hard drive speed is the bottleneck unless the hard drive reads and writes at 3 mbps. The hard drive might be to full. The video below may or may not be helpful. That being said I would like to see your systems sepcs as seen in the video. I want to see the bottle neck. A short screen caputre video would be best but a screen shot will work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-erwmRxAU&feature=emb_logo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out there was not enough space on the drive! 335GB! I need to hardwire my modem before attempting this upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines