• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

6 audio tracks nested in Sequence

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing a round table discussion that was shot with three cameras and 6 audio channels (4 lapel mics and 2 booms) and multiple takes.

I've edited the project using a nested sequence for each camera, this simplifies my timeline by showing only one collective audio channel per camera. Now that the edit is approved I want to polish/balance the audio and so want to be able to edit the individual audio channels but I can't figure out how to "un-nest" them or otherwise get full channel audio clips.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

You can work on the original clips.  What you do there will carry over into the nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn’t start from here!

You could select all audio in timeline, right click & ‘flatten’. But I suspect you’ll be left with just 1 mic where the nest was.

I hope I’m wrong and someone gives a better answer, but you may have a bit of overcutting to do. You can speed this up with macros, or maybe EDL or XML export, manipulation and reimport.

Maybe post a screen grab of your timeline & your multicam sequence timeline to aid diagnosis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can work on the original clips.  What you do there will carry over into the nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes...but how do you get to the original?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines