Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

60 fps footage in 24 fps timeline choppy after export

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I hope you can help. I've recorded a lot of footage in 60 FPS (59,94 fps). Both on a Canon EOS 250D (SL3) and a Mavic Air 2 drone.

When I import it to Premiere Pro and make a 24 FPS timeline (23,976) I've tried different things I've seen on youtube.

I've tried to use the interpreted footage where I change all the clips to 23,976 FPS to match the timeline.

I've also tried to make a 23,976 timeline and then just add to 59,94 clips directly to that.

Both look choppy after rendering. I do exactly like in the youtube-videos (there's a lot of them), but my footage still look choppy. 

And another question: Shouldn't I be able to set the speed of an 59,94 FPS to like 80% in the 23,976 FPS timeline? Or will it result in stuttering/choppiness if I don't take it all the way down to 40%?

My clip is perfectly smooth before editing in Premiere Pro.

I really don't know why it's choppy and I hope you can help. Let me know if you wan't to see the footage before and after edit or the Premiere Pro settings. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24P is a low frame rate. Quick pans or flying fast with a drone probably will not look that great a 24P (let alone applying fast forward or slow motion effects).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem happens on all clips no matter how smooth they are before editing.

When I look at the footage before editing it's smooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines