• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

60 fps footage on a 24 fps timeline choppy when slowing down to 40%

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few 60fps clips I want to slow down to 40% on a 24fps timeline. However when I adjust the speed the footage looks like it has been shot in 24fps making the clip look choppy. I have been editing with for a couple of years now and it feels like it is a stupid thing to ask but I just can't figure out how it is not a smooth looking clip after slowing it down. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Render and Replace?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Optical Flow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, thanks for your response. 
Yes I've tried optical flow, frame blending and frame sampling. All of those options don't seem to have any effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render and Replace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That actually worked. Thanks a lot Ann!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does it look when you export the timeline?

For some versions Premiere Pro have issues with either slowed down footage or footage that has been interpreted to a slower frame rate. I just ignore it since i know that it will look great when i export the timeline. But yes, it should not be like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just redered the timeline and by doing so the issue was resolved. So I think exporting the timeline would also have done te trick. Had no troubles before with any version of Premiere in the past. But by simply renderig one clip, all the other clips are now playing smooth in slow motion as wel. So I guess it's a strange bug or something. Anyways, thanks for helping out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and thanks for closing out the thread.  Not enough people do that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Ann I've tried rendering my 60fps clip and it made it worse. Something is wrong when it renders.  I rendered it multiple times and It went back and worth between better and worse. I've tried optical flow and different export settings. Cant figure it out 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines