• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

600%+ CPU usage when doing anything

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im a motion / postproduction designer for a long time and this is the first time im running into this problem. After a few months not needing to use PR, i had to work on a PR project. I updated and opened it fresh. Imideately i had very bad laggy and slow performance...  almost entirely unusable. I didnt know it was the CPU usage at that time so i tried everything to minimize the load on my 2017 maxed Macbook Pro and PR Pro but no changes.

Problem: As soon as i do anything at all in Premiere (scrubbing, clicking, dragging, button press, play, property changes, anything) my CPU shoots up to between 350% and 700% and logically everything is laggy and choppy af.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-05 um 17.09.24.png

Trouble shooting done: On/Off (reboots and stuff), update to latest, clean reinstall, cache, footage/projects (different footage, proxis, empty project), turn off otther programs (still cant count that out 100%), disconnecting from everything (drives, dongles, wifi, bluetooth) etc.

Nothing helped

Does anybody have an idea how to fix that? Its almost impossible for me to work like this

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, were you able to solve this issue? I am experiencing the same thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Skye,

Without info, we cannot really help. In general, in the past, this had to do with GPU drivers. On PC, update those drivers. On macOS, update your OS to the current one.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines