Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

60fps footage to 24fps timeline choppy issues

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I've shot some 60fps footage at 120 shutter speed on a GH4. Raw footage played on a videoplayer looks smooth. Premiere seems to have automatically interpreted the 60fps footage as 24fps in the bins. Seems to play smoothly in the source preview, but when I drop it into my 24fps timeline it becomes super choppy. I'm not playing with speed ramping or anything and I've tried manually interpreting the footage to 24fps. Switched to Frame blending. But tts so choppy its unusable. Whats am I missing? 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see a red line in the timeline when you place the clip into the sequence? if yes then create the preview of the clip by hitting enter. You can also try changing the clip Time Interpolation to Optical Flow instead of Frame Blending.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vishu, 

Optical flow makes the problem worse. And I've rendered out the timeline to see if it was a playback issue. It didnt help. 

I've just exported the timeline to see if the issue is exported and so far it doesnt appear to be effecting the exports. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest trying to changing the Project settings as follow - 

Go to File > Project settings > General > Video Rendering & PlayBack > Change to mercury playback engine Software only.

See if this works...

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Premiere Pro interpret the footage to 24 fps it indicates that the setting in the camera is to shoot "60 fps over 24 fps" meaning that the footage is 24 fps instead of 60 fps. It seems that you have a 60 fps stream baked into a 24 fps stream and that can be tricky. 

- When you write "videoplayer", which player is that?

- Can you upload a short video clip to a cloud service so we can try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines