• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

60fps video changes to 30fps in premiere

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I record a video in 60 fps and drag it into the premiere, it will change to 30 fps. I'm sure it's in 60 fps, I also have a sequence in 60 fps but when it's in project files in the premiere is write it's in 30fps. (I also know it's really in 30fps in the premiere.)

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Advocate , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

It seems the source is interlaced, means it has 60 fields per sec, which naturally converts into 30 frames per second.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Actually, this may be a better answer:

You're recording your video at i29.97 (also called i59.94).  If you want p60, check to see if the device that you're using for recording supports p60.

An "i" inidicates interlaced scan which is commonly used when recording from or for broadcast or cable.

A "p" indicates progressive scan which is commonly used when recording for desktop video or web video.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the source is interlaced, means it has 60 fields per sec, which naturally converts into 30 frames per second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm bumping this comment to the main thread.  What I wrote here about "Just to add a little clarification" has been moved to the main thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add a little clarification:  There's no conversion from 60 fields per second to 30 frames per second.  They're two different ways for referring to picture that's interlace scan.

It certainly doesn't help that the abbreviation "fps" is for both frames per second and fields per second.

It's also probably one of the more confusing things about working with interlaced video that 1080i60, 1080i30, 1080i59.94, or 1080i29.97 are each correct ways to summarize settings for the same file.

Of course, this is not to be confused with de-interlacing i60 to p30 in which case there is a conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this may be a better answer:

You're recording your video at i29.97 (also called i59.94).  If you want p60, check to see if the device that you're using for recording supports p60.

An "i" inidicates interlaced scan which is commonly used when recording from or for broadcast or cable.

A "p" indicates progressive scan which is commonly used when recording for desktop video or web video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone! I didn't know what to do with my problem, you helped a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines