• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

708 caption stream not exporting in new version 15 caption workflow

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new caption workflow in v15 has overall been good, until today when I went to export for broadcast.

I never had any issues exporting an MXF file with both 608 and 708 captions embedded. In v15, the file only ever has the 608 stream embedded.

I am on a Mac. Attached is a screenshot of the captions. I don't know if I'm missing a step or if this is a bug, but both caption streams are required so this makes me have to roll back a version to where this worked perfectly.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would ask you to be sure to post this to the UserVoice system as well. This forum is peer-to-peer user support, UserVoice is where they collect data on such problems.

Also ... might be useful to post on their Premiere Public Beta forum, as the engineers do monitor there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on Win10. I do not see this problem. I can export 608 and 708 embedded in MXF op1. This is true even though only one or the other is the "active" caption track. Setting the track options to "Show active caption track only" still embeds both tracks.

Other users have complained about not being able to embed 608 or 708. I wonder if there is some confusion about what is possible. If you have only a 608, can you embed that? 708?

I do not have a bug report link on this problem. Here are two links where it is discussed:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/exporting-closed-captioning-in-ver15/td-p/11907693

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder/ame-15-closed-captions-completely-gone/m-p/118982...

There is another issues that I suspect may also be Mac related. I do not see the problem on Win10. There is a duplicate of Closed Caption text in the Program Window that you cannot turn off. This problem has a bug report here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42914085-closed-captions-in...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines