• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

860m incompatible driver error. Help please

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my graphics card and from NVidia but I am still receiving this error on open. I have premiere 2020. Is this card now obsolete? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

I second Ann. That GTX 860m is based on either a first-gen Maxwell GM107 chip or (less common) a first-gen Kepler GK104 chip. Neither chip is fully supported for CUDA in the newest drivers for that GPU: Support is either depreciated or EOL'd.

In addition, the newest two versions of Premiere Pro now require 10-bit support via the OpenGL API just to be supported. None of the gaming GeForce GPUs older than the GeForce 10 series (Pascal) support 10-bit via OpenCL as the hardware in those GPUs is res

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this card now obsolete? 

Short answer: yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I second Ann. That GTX 860m is based on either a first-gen Maxwell GM107 chip or (less common) a first-gen Kepler GK104 chip. Neither chip is fully supported for CUDA in the newest drivers for that GPU: Support is either depreciated or EOL'd.

In addition, the newest two versions of Premiere Pro now require 10-bit support via the OpenGL API just to be supported. None of the gaming GeForce GPUs older than the GeForce 10 series (Pascal) support 10-bit via OpenCL as the hardware in those GPUs is restricted to 8-bit. Furthermore, using the GameReady Drivers restrict OpenGL output to 8-bit even if the particular GPU supports 10-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines