• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

9 months of project revisions gone. No answers.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just wasted about 90 minutes with tech support.  Last week, I was working on a premiere project.  I saved it and the next day, checked into the recent project menu and it wasn't there.  I know auto save is not perfect but the nearest project version I find is from April, 2020 when I've been working on this all along right up until now, December 2020.  They were clueless about why I couldn't find the most recent revision of the project.  I would've sttled for October of 2020 but I got nothing and still have zero answers as to what may have happened and how 8 months worth of project revisions are nowhere to be found.  Help or even a decent theory appreciated.  

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you checked your autosaves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and will likely check again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long shot, but have you opened the project to verify that it is from April 2020? The reason i ask is because there are two way to see the date in most file explorers, one of them is Date Created and the other is Date Modified. They can differ big time.

For example, in front of me i have projects that the file explorer reports have been modified in 2017 while they have been created in 2019. Totally confusing. So make sure to check that.

I assume that you have searched for *.prproj on all drives? For me on Windows, i search This PC to include all connected drives.

In the future, buy a backup application and make sure to take daily backups of vital files such as project files. Store them locally and in the cloud. With a good backup strategy a couple of hours would have been lost instead of months.

datess.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, will look into this approach. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a habit of Save a Copy to a different drive.

Auto save is not alway reliable.

FAQ: When to use "Save A Copy," or "Save As," and ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but one would hope it would've saved something more recent than April 2, 2020.  I've made dozens of revisions to my project since that date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Projects dont just disappear.

Does anyone else have acces to you computer?

Disconnected drives?

Saved in the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines