• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

a client needs a SIMPLE editing program

Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She's on the ledge and I need to talk her down.  She was having problems just getting her files from her phone to her pc and then from the pc to her mac....   don't ask.  I've just spent an hour with her on the phone and zoom...  And I did have her doing simple editing in premiere about a year ago, but when she doesn't open premiere in 6 months she gets hysterical.  I've told her we could zoom and I could walk her thru the edits or just watch her and direct her actions...  She wants a simple editing program (without having to do the work necessary to figure it out - sigh).  And Imovie's too complicated for her...  

Anybody have any opinions on Premiere elements or have any other suggestions for the Mac?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

well she talked herself off the ledge and we'll just work together via zoom with either who directing me or me telling her what to do.  Not ideal, but if she decides to work in another program, I know I'm gonna have to learn it also.

Thanks as always Kevin and John for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mg,

I first suggested Rush, but even that takes persistence to learn. I think that Spark Video is the best choice for someone who needs something dead simple. Aware of it? It's quite easy.

Your client does need to buckle down and learn some basics on either Spark or Rush. If one is too ADHD, no editing program is going to be perfect. I know types like this...they are loved ones...it's hard to teach them anything. Only guided training, repetition, and follow up can help them.

If you get them hooked on Spark, it would be good to eventually "graduate" them to Rush, where you have more options and interoperability with Premiere Pro.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She's a friend and a loyal client.  I'll take a look at these and see if I think she can handle the programs.  Thanks Kevin for the ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>opinions on Premiere elements or have any other suggestions for the Mac?

One note is the Premiere Elements for Mac no longer shares to a DVD, that takes the Windows version

Having said that, you might want to take a look at the 37 you tube tutorial links I have in http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/PrE2021.txt or send that link to her so SHE can copy-paste the YT links and view the tutorials and decide if she wants to give up on PPro and switch to PrElements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well she talked herself off the ledge and we'll just work together via zoom with either who directing me or me telling her what to do.  Not ideal, but if she decides to work in another program, I know I'm gonna have to learn it also.

Thanks as always Kevin and John for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think I can recommend any of the competition. 😉

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines