Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A few basic premiere questions

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I come from Flame and Avid. I've been using Premere for a while now but there's a few things I haven't found. I think some don't exist in Premiere but I'd like to check.

1) Is there a scene detect to put cuts in a mixed down sequence?

2) CTRL K to cut is useful. Can I map it to a button? I'd like this as I use left hand for JKL control and would like to click on a cut button with my right hand with mouse.

In fact, can I map other keyboard shortcuts to buttons?

3) If I want to compare 2 Video tracks Is there a way to get side by side, wipe or blend. I have been using Screen or Difference Blend on top layer but it's clunky. There's Comparison View but it seems to just compare a before and after while making changes. I mean a comparison so I can drag through to see edit differences between different Vid tracks basically.

That's it I think.

thanks

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there's scene detection in the latest version of premiere.  If it's not, I know it's been announced and you might check the beta version.

no idea about question 2

And for question 3, why not load the sequence in the source monitor and gang the source and program.  If you're monitoring full screen on an additional monitor, just switch between source and program..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thanks for the help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Scene detect has just been released in 14.4.

2) Most keyboard Shortcuts are fully modifyable ... via the Edit/Keyboard Shortcuts dialog (Ctrl/Cmd-Alt-K).

The Ctrl-K option is "add edit" and yes, you can remap that howsoever you wish.

3) So you want to have the same clip on V1, V2, with some changes on one, and be able to compare the two images separately side-by-side or via wipe? That one I can't puzzle out how to do in Premiere. You can't tell the Comparison view which video track to use. Nor can you tell the Reference monitor which track to use. They both just go down the timeline.

Having a clip on two sequences, one in the Reference monitor and one in the Program monitor would sort of allow this. Kind clunkily ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's so clunky about it? Just curious obi wan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set up the clips on two separate sequences, work the two separately, and they're not quite as close as say the "side by side" view. Along with you can't do a wipe.

So it's workable, just takes a bit more futzing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

On Point 2 I meant can I map that function to a UI button?

On Avid it was a commonly used onscreen UI button.. But they also had the handy 'Menu to Button' option where you could map a menu option to a new UI button. I wondered if either were available in Premiere.

I tend to like to use one hand on keyboard and one on mouse. So in this case, one hand on JKL for transport, and then I'd need to 'Add Edit' with the mouse.

Thanks for the help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, there's no option to create new UI things in Premiere. For what you want, you could consider remapping some of the built-in shortcuts so a one-key option (or a two-key that the right hand could do) for the right hand could be made.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines