Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A few frames of deleted clip still showing in timeline

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am having this issue constantly now. Let's say I have 3 clips and after reviwing my edit, I delete the middle clip. When playing back the project after this, I still see 2 frames of the deleted clip showing in the playback. I tried to clear my media cache, rebooted Premiere a few times but nothing solved the problem.

I appreciate any help, as this issue/bug is making my editing process a real pain.

Thank you!

Diogo

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say either a corrupted project or some video drive issue. Try making a new project and importing the existing one, and upgrading your graphics drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me, it seems its just single frames that stay in the timeline after deleted? I tried opening a new project and importing the original. they are still there. I just hope they arent there when I export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try deleting the render files? Under Sequence > Delete render files.

Premiere really hates varialbe frame rates, better convert it to a constant frame rate before editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are good points ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the render files worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Sami Succar. Your solution worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tell us your source properties and sequence settings?  are any of your sources from screen recordings or shot on a smart phone?  If so, the problem is probably that some of your clips are variable frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mgrenadier, I am creating mask's over an animation. It seems like when I put something new on the toggle track the deleted frames dissapear. So i think its sorted. Here are the properties anyway 

Type: MPEG Movie File Size: 1.77 GB

Image Size: 1916 x 1080 Frame Rate: 23.98

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz -

Compressed - Stereo Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point -

Stereo Total Duration: 01;38;41;11 Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0 Alpha: None Video Codec Type: HEVC 4:2:0 Variable Frame Rate Detected 

and the image that stayed when deleted

Type: PNG File File Size: 303.16 KB Image Size: 600 x 436 Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0 Alpha: Straight Alpha

cheers,

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this - 

go to Sequence settings

In the fields drop down ... select upper fields first.

My problem was solved. 

I am not an expert, but I did remember that selection was not familiar. It seemed wrong... and it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant. This worked perfectly for me, and so simple. Thanks VicLiz!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines