• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low level exception occured in Adobe Player (Player: 5)

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could anyone help me resolve this. 

Problem: There is no video on Timeline (Screen says 'Media Pending' but there is only Audio

Much obliged

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Hi,

Update your software to Premiere Pro 14.2, or later to be clear of this error. Sorry for the frustration.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 288 Replies 288
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I ’ve done it with version 14.1. Can I use 14.0.4 to open the project file?

Thank's a lot
Dennis Deng

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done it?  What did you do in version 14.1?  All of a sudden after my system automatically updated to version 14.1, none of my graphics or effects would play.  Actually, I couldn't even render them to see how they looked.  So I followed the instructions from above and rolled my PP back to 14.04 and my projects worked just like they were supposed to.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. This fixed my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Trent - and thanks for the note. Fixed via your suggestion. Of interest, a regular YouTube video render WITHOUT my graphics card takes forever (well.. it's all relative). I never knew my GPU did so much work since it suggests most of the time it's like at 2% or something. I exported a short section of video tonight and it was 22 minutes -vs- just a few mins with GPU. Woah. Anyway, I have also since downgraded to yesterday's version. Will I automatically get an upgrade when the fix comes out - or will I have to manually apply it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are options in Creative Cloud for automatically updating apps. Please see this Help doc:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue, very bad thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a timeline for when a patch will be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, best work-around is to go back a version. I did this and all is well again.  My Creative Cloud account is telling me there is an update pending but I am assuming this is the same update to the version that we reported. We'll have to wait for an announcement.

Now. To be frank with everyone, although I am supportive of software developers I cringe when I hear of these issues. This is a TESTING issue that should have been picked up with rudimentary testing. Someone should be "on the carpet" for this since it ruins any reputation they started to rebuild after the multi-monitor fiasco that I also thought was a test issue too.

There will be some embarrased glances around the room in the morning meeting. Rightly so.

Callum (DX Commander)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think "roll back to last version 14.0.4"is the best solution right now.

If you choose Project setting Render with "MercuryPlaybackEngineSoftwar", you cannot use some effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I roll back to previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roll back worked like a charm.  Just remember after rollback to go back to the project settings and change the video rendering and playback setting back to GPU (or whatever you had originally used).  The video link below shows how to do a roll back.  Very easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this please? I am having the same issue and Software Only or Mercury just doesn't work. The computer will not play the video. It's like editing photos! Mine was working fine until this issue appears out of nowhere! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert back to 14.0.4 for now and all works perfect.  It was the 14.1 update for some reason.  I just did this and it works perfectly once again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please let me know how to roll back?  thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search for my other message on this very topic.  I just posted it (04/20 @ 9:34 MST).  It is super easy and much less scary than I thought it was going to be.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem.  If Randune23 hasn't answered it for you - Go to your creative cloud app (either applications --> adobe creative cloud, or there's usually the shortcut icon in the top left by the wifi symbol and clock).  Go to all apps. Then click find premiere pro and next to the 'update' or 'open' button, you will see a symbol with three dots "..." - click on that pulldown and go to "Other versions".  From there, simply select Premiere Pro 14.0.4 and install it.  It's the most stable version right now.  Some say the beta for 14.2 works, but others say it still is wonky.  Stick with this one and it should be fine, no need to sacrifices the real time render setting.  Basically you can then switch it back from software only to the usual setting in the project settings part.  Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the 14.0.4 Solution.  It works fine again even on OSX 10.15.4

Whatever improvements have supposedly come in 14.1 - Definitely all revert back to 14.0.4 and use that.  Works find without sacrificing the GPU render acceleration.  Thank you for a solution.  Adobe - please fix yer 14.1 version... test it thoroughly on like the two or three most recent mac operating systems... then provide it to our community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe what [edited by moderator]did you do to premiere?? I'm in a middle of a prject and nothing works. The work around you offer does not work. The video stopped playing. FIX THIS!~!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fixed this problem by deleting the legacy titles from the Sequence and restarting Premiere. Hope this works for some of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thks! This works for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Changing the Video Rendering and Playback to "Software Only" is not a solution.

Fix the bug.

Sincerly,

Everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same problem... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the hell Adobe is still forcing updates with so many bugs, this should be a beta and not a release, like many others I am having those issues with Premiere and CUDA. Software rendering is not a solution, my actual timeline is slow now and I can't work ! It is unacceptable to pay for a professional soft with so many issues at each release, and those days with the virus crisis I HAVE to work more efficiently than ever, you make me losing time and therefore money, this is not any more acceptable, I will definitely migrate to an another software solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error is totally unnacceptable. This needs to be fixed NOW/TODAY.

Hugely unprofessional for Adobe to let something so vital like this slip through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the error today after updating my graphics card driver. Easiest fix is to roll back the software. Go into Creative Cloud. Click on the 3 little dots next to the premiere pro and choose other versions. Click the one you want or just the last one 14.0.4  ... After it installs don't click update and this will also turn off auto updates for premeire as you can turn it on once the fix happens. click on the 3 dots again and choose open. This will be how you open the program everytime until they fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines