• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low level exception occured in Adobe Player (Player: 5)

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could anyone help me resolve this. 

Problem: There is no video on Timeline (Screen says 'Media Pending' but there is only Audio

Much obliged

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Hi,

Update your software to Premiere Pro 14.2, or later to be clear of this error. Sorry for the frustration.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 288 Replies 288
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. The work around described (File menu > Project Settings > General > Video Rendering and Playback > Mercury Playback Engine Software Only) works for me for now. System MBP 15-in, mid-2015. 16 gb RAM, 2.5 Ghz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, but still had the red render line ontop and editing was a pain in the arse using a 2019 loaded Macbook Pro. 

I creaded a new project and imported the seq into the new project.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've managed to solve my issue with the following. 

I created a new project - Imported the sequence into the new project.  It worked.  

Let me know if this helped anyone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new sequence worked for me too, no CUDA problem with this one... thanks for the tip you are my hero of the day !

Still need a fix from Adobe, I can't imagine doing that for all my projects.

All the best !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this isn't much of an acceptable workaround for the amount of money that Creative cloud is costing it's users every month.  I think it's high time Adobve started re-imbursing the losses it's customers are incurring due to Adobe's inability to provide software that can deliver realtime playback and performance.  Not having the ability to employ the power of the GPU is useless to most users.  Playback in Premiere is currently attrocious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 100% completely agree!!!  We spend good money each month to NOT have it work exactly how we expect it to.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the right way, I just use GPU render!!I buy Expensive graphics card...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  I just rolled back to version 14.0.4 and all my projects are working fine.  The funny thing is even though CC informed me if I uninstalled the latest version of PP, it would not ask me to update to the newer version.

Well, guess what?  Tonight as I sat down to work on the next project CC notified me of an update for PP.

I wonder how long we have to wait for them to work the bugs out before we can update to the newest version???

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Next to frequent crashes, it's becoming pretty annoying Adobe. Is it too much to ask for a stable product? We do pay a good amount of money don't we?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this expected to be ready?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trent,

When do you think this issue will get resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried many things changing render engine, cache cleanout,  swapping out computers to no avail! Help my deadlines have got me pretty stressed! anyone else have any solutions????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon, 

If you need a simple workaround for Legacy Title, either downgrade your Premiere Pro to a previous build, upgrade it to the Beta (14.2), or use Photoshop, or anything else that can create a transparent text image, and use that on your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TL;DR: In Creative Cloud you can downgrade to a previous build of Premiere Pro, or you can make a .tiff or .png layer for your Legacy Title substitution.

--

Had this issue pop up in the middle  of editing for a client. Ran GPU and CPU stress tests to no avail. Decided to do a clean install of MacOS Catalina, and decided to take a small sample of the troublesome project, and add assets one-by-one. 

I realized it was the Legacy Title that was giving this error, and then found this thread.

The best workaround that I have, is very different than that of an Adobe Employee, which is frankly a little worrisome. Since I only need a simple static title, I have gone into Photoshop and created a .png and a .tiff of the text file, made the background transparent, and used it as a graphic overlay as opposed to trying to work with GPU Acceleration turned off (for the love of god, don't turn off GPU Acceleration, unless you like the feeling of working in a early-2000s setting).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this low level adobe player exception started for me after I used Legacy Title on a project this morning also. Guess I just have to use Software Only option until someone offers an update to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much calamity upon paying costumers due to poor testing 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a release with an major error like this! Ended my work with Resolve...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We as a company will leave Adobe soon, we had now three days working with this bug and copying various projects in countless new timelines every 10min to make it work. Got into big trouble with our clients because of delays.

Why is Adobe not informing their clients when they know about such a major bug? 

Not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe, this just makes rendering out my large projects TAKE A LIFETIME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really blows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me, I have several projects that must go out soon and I have tried all of the Rendering options.. Definitely in need of a solidsolution. Any title completely freezes up my playback window or shows that it is offline. All of my projects require titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rolled back to 14.0.4 and selected the recommened solution for the 'Software Only' option and I am still having the same issues with the titles causing the playback freeze. Additionally, when scrubing through media in the Project Panel, it jumps back to the thumnbail image making scrubbing through wedding footage incredibly slow. I have restarted my current project four times now and has a deadline of 3 days from now. We're losing countless hours of work over this. Please put out a real solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to 140.0.4 and I still have the issue. Did you take any other steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, crippling Premiere's performance is not a solution. This error is ridiculous. I'm not in the beta program for any of their apps because video editing isn't my hobby, it's my living.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Especially right now during COVID19, every editing job I have is critical to our livelihood for those of us who shoot / edit for a living. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines