Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low level exception occured in AE.ADBE Text

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I keep getting this error message in my video. I know it has something to do with the text as deleting the text removes the error but I can't seem to find a fix for it, my suspicion is that it has something to do with the new essential graphics panel as I have never seen this when using the legacy title. Below is a screen grab of my screen showcasing the error.

The error first appeared on a colleagues PC, it originally opened fine on but today it has come up with the same error. I haven't installed any new fonts recently and everything is up to date. Reinstalling premiere also didn't work. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

I FOUND THE SOLUTION with the help of the Adobe Customer Service.

1. Delete all fonts on your computer that are 3rd party.

2. Uninstall Premiere (I deleted app preferences, don't know if that makes a difference).

3. Install and Update premiere to the latest version. Do not open application!
4. Restart Computer.
5. Open Premiere and voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too. It started for me at around the same time that I started getting tons of "Invalid Font Family" errors. Someone please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting all the fonts I have downloaded over the years and uninstalling PP is NOT an option.  Surely Adobe there has to be a better fix than "starting over" right???

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the real solution.
The guy have overcomplicated it.
Just delete the font you used on your premier project and reinstall it.
Works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017-08-23 at 12-49-14.jpg2017-08-23 at 12-49-39.jpg

I'm getting the same thing and I can't do any text whatsoever. Please Adobe fix this!:( When I scroll through all of my fonts, the "Plus # errors" goes way up the more fonts I go through. Also, I cannot see my video layer when my text layer is above it when this problem occurred. Thank you! Hope there is a solution soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FOUND THE SOLUTION with the help of the Adobe Customer Service.

1. Delete all fonts on your computer that are 3rd party.

2. Uninstall Premiere (I deleted app preferences, don't know if that makes a difference).

3. Install and Update premiere to the latest version. Do not open application!
4. Restart Computer.
5. Open Premiere and voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you keep posting this over and over and over again?  For me, I am VERY skeptical about spending so much time following your advice.  Your advice may be correct, but I am only going to follow your advice if that is the last possible attempt to solve this problem.  I am just confused as to why you keep saying what you're saying so much.  WE GET WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.  thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was fonts for me. I had installed some fonts locally across all our computers, this was conflicting with fonts added through Typekit. Once I fully deactivated the Typekit fonts I could open all my Premiere Pro projects again. I didn't have to uninstall, restart, or update anything, just sorted out the conflicting font. Hope this saves someone else some time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the most useful and easy solution. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This actually works fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this NOT a solution.  I'm not deleting all my 3rd party fonts.  That's absolutely NOT an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I had to do was change the font before I started typing. The 3rd party font I was trying to use was causing the issue. I didn't uninstall or restart. Simply change the font before you start typing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. Premier doesn't like a font that is defaulting when I started to type. Just change it to something like Arial and it should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issue, I just updated my NVIDIA Driver and that solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too went out an updated my drivers.  Well that problem went away b/c all of my Essential Graphics mogrts disappeared.  So what's up with that?  I'm rebooting for the 2nd time.  It's like they are all gone.  Well, expect for the few free mogrts on Adobe Stock that is....

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All, I've been having NVIDIA Driver issues as well.  However, this problem began recently after I installed some IBM Plex fonts.  I closed Premiere.  Reinstalled those fonts.  Opened up Premiere and it all worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried restoring Fonts in Windows 10 but they seem not to work.  I've deleted them all and downloaded default Windows 10 fonts.  Still the same issue.  My GeForce Drivers are up to date.   Hmm...  Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same issue with Adobe Premiere. I wish I could try that fix but it would take "years" just to get the IT department to come and uninstall all Fonts, which some are provided by an external client, uninstall and re-install Premiere. This is extremely frustrating especially when having to work on deadlines, and I can't add any text to my videos. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously! I don't have time for that. Adobe, send out an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Paying for software you can't use is frustrating to say the least. Refunds anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get consistent, cinematic color for your footage with my 606 LUT Collection: https://bit.ly/3NwEtKU MY WEDDING/PORTRAIT PHOTO PRESETS (606): https://bit.ly/39dzWPG // Join my Patreon for $10/month & get more exclusive, long-form content: https://www.patreon.com/ericfloberg // Check out our Podcast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me after installing some 3rd party fonts. Simply uninstalling the fonts and restarting Premiere (v14) fixed the problem. Looks like one of them was either corrupted or a bad format.  Can't blame Premiere for not working with corrupted/bad files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a similar issue. I had text layers not loading properly. All of the text was in nested sequences. I opened all of the nested sequences creating the issue, saved the project and restarted my computer. Reopened the project, quickly opened all timeline tabs to make sure the issue was not there and exported the video with no hold ups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY SOLUTION: My problem seemed related to a 3rd party free OTF font (not TTF) I used in Windows. Closed Premiere Pro 2021, reinstalled the font and restarted PP2021. Message gone. Worked!

I also had this font in nested sequenced before. I UNnested them but that did not do it by itself. The reinstall of this OTF font is what finally solved it. Cannot tell if UNnested helped or not. No PC reboot, no PP reinstall. Just reinstalled the OTF font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded some lowerthirds from adobe had the same error, all I did to fix the issue was to edit the template in essential graphics and replaced the font that downloaded with the template, and it worked. No need to uninstall fonts or premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines