Highlighted

A Low Level Exception Occured in DXV3MediaCoreImport (Importer)

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for taking the time. 

I work at an agency and yesterday the post team updated to Premiere 2020 (14.0). We created a project on one machine and then transferred the drive with the project on it to my machine. Whenever I open it on my machine, I get the Low Level Exception notice that I detailed in the Subject. Not only does Premiere freeze but my entire machine freezes to the point where I need to force restart by pressing the button on the back of the computer. 

When I open the project on the machine it was created on, it opens and runs perfectly. Also, other 2020 projects run perfectly on my machine too. It's just this project that crashes it. 

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Premiere. All versions. I've tried clearing the cache and deleting all preview files from my machine. I've tried completely re-creating the project file on the machine it was created on. All of this yields the same result. 

The footage is 4K Alexa, ProRes 4444. All very standard to what I'm used to working with.

My guess is that it seems to be something with the difference between the two machines but I don't know what it would be. 

Here are the specs of MY MACHINE:

2017 iMac 

Mojave 10.14.5

4.2 GHz Intel Core i7

64 gb RAM

Radeon Pro 580 8 gb Graphics card

Here are the specs of the MACHINE THE PROJECT WAS CREATED ON:

Late 2015 iMac

Mojave 10.14.6

3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

64 gb RAM

AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 gb Graphics card 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

A Low Level Exception Occured in DXV3MediaCoreImport (Importer)

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for taking the time. 

I work at an agency and yesterday the post team updated to Premiere 2020 (14.0). We created a project on one machine and then transferred the drive with the project on it to my machine. Whenever I open it on my machine, I get the Low Level Exception notice that I detailed in the Subject. Not only does Premiere freeze but my entire machine freezes to the point where I need to force restart by pressing the button on the back of the computer. 

When I open the project on the machine it was created on, it opens and runs perfectly. Also, other 2020 projects run perfectly on my machine too. It's just this project that crashes it. 

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Premiere. All versions. I've tried clearing the cache and deleting all preview files from my machine. I've tried completely re-creating the project file on the machine it was created on. All of this yields the same result. 

The footage is 4K Alexa, ProRes 4444. All very standard to what I'm used to working with.

My guess is that it seems to be something with the difference between the two machines but I don't know what it would be. 

Here are the specs of MY MACHINE:

2017 iMac 

Mojave 10.14.5

4.2 GHz Intel Core i7

64 gb RAM

Radeon Pro 580 8 gb Graphics card

Here are the specs of the MACHINE THE PROJECT WAS CREATED ON:

Late 2015 iMac

Mojave 10.14.6

3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

64 gb RAM

AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 gb Graphics card 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,Were you able to figure out the solution? I'm having the exact same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A low-level exception occurred in ImporterMPEG (Importer:8). If you're getting this error in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019, here's a quick fix.This solution mea...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2020 0