• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A LOW LOW-LEVEL EXCEPTION OCURRED IN: (DEVICE CONTROLLER)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am having problems with premiere, attached image with the error that appears, help!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your system, and what were you doing at the time this appeared? What's your media and any effects used also ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, I did not get any notification of this answer! It happens to me when I press "play" to see the videos that I add to the project, so I can't work because it doesn't let me see the preview in real-time.

My system:

iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)

Processor 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Boot disk Macintosh HD

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it has to do with anything, but this happened after I did the last upddate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch ... that's a nine year old system. Premiere 2020 has been re-coded to modernize much of the code base, and it's not playing too well on gear over about four years old. I think that could be the problem actually.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha yes, I also imagined that that could also be the problem, so what I'm going to do is go back to a previous version, because this problem appeared now, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error (specifically Device controller 4). I have an 8 year old system:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro5,1

Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 3.33 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

RAM: 24 GB

System Drive: 525 GB SSD

At current price to value points, I'll not be buying another Mac...maybe ever.

I get that error repeatedly so far with no effect on functionality. System is solid, reliable and steady.

Does this mean they plan no debugging for older pro systems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Older gear is not going to be supported ... and that's partly to keep up with changes in vendors, partly because writing something that can support every flipping bit of code across 5 gazillion generations of computer gear means a more massive program that will have more instability issues.

The actual code needed to run the older gear is different ... that's part of the issue. And they're going to drop the older code from the program.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines