• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AAF Premiere Pro After Effects Dynamic Link Davinci Troubleshoot

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editing my short film using proxies in the latest Premiere Pro, with some clips being altered in the latest After Effects using the Dynamic Link feature.  I've exported the Premiere Pro Project to AAF to give to my friend for Post-colour in Davinci Resolve.  He claims he can see my timeline, and that all clips ending in .mov are linked to the original clips, but all clips ending in .aep are not.  I've already tried renaming the dynamic linked clips from after effects back to their original names in premiere pro, so that it could possibly locate the source clips, but it's still not working.  Do I need to do any kind of exporting out of After Effects?  Do I need to give him the Adobe After Effects Project file maybe?  Anyone have any solutions?

Also, I have two clips created entirely in After Effects from Jpeg's.  Should I give him the Jpeg's too?  Do I need to export these clips out of After Effects and replace with .mov's in my Premiere timeline?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

For that purpose,  the AE comps don't work, you'd need to render full media export out of Ae to replace the comps, to the same specs as your other proxies, and name them identical to the originals in the same style as the proxies.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For that purpose,  the AE comps don't work, you'd need to render full media export out of Ae to replace the comps, to the same specs as your other proxies, and name them identical to the originals in the same style as the proxies.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, okay.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got some colorist friends ... they deal with this all the time. Ergo ... Yea, I've heard the process just a few times ... 😉

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you clarify what a "full media export" is? Is this a render setting that outputs the layers, or is this just the comp rendered as an mp4, mov, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exported file from Ae, then imported into PrPro. Then within PrPro, replace the clip on the sequence with the new file from Ae. No longer a "comp".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that's helpful. So for people using AE comps through Dynamic Link in Premiere, it sounds like it's better to colour those clips before editing, not after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean to render out in ae with background or just render that section in premier then import back in.

for example

ive rotoscoped something in ae which i will export the edl to davinci.

are you saying what ive created to export again place back on my time line then delete what cant be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines