• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About automatically opening the Graphics tab when I click on a new subtitle feature.

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created subtitles in the timeline and want to modify the content.

When I click the caption clip, the Graphics tab automatically opens. I don't want to use the graphic tab, is there a way to solve this?

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a way to avoid this. And yes, you should have the choice. When editing regular Essential Graphics text, the EG Panel does not open.

You can avoid it by editing in the Text Panel. But you're trying to avoid that too, I'll bet!

Bug report/feature request:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A follow up on this. When testing a related issue, I had no difficult simply closing the EGP, and it did not reopen when editing caption text in the Program Monitor. I can move the CTI, I can click on individual captions, and I can double click in the Program Monitor to edit. I can select captions in the Text Panel, I can double click captions in the Text Panel and edit. Nothing opens the EGP.

No idea what I am doing differently.

In my earlier tests, I closed the EGP and reopened. And reset the Workspace.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines