About burning-in subtitle for movie. Seriously please help me......

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am working as a video asstant in a local film distribution company, and time to time there will be jobs about burning in subtitle, yet I still can't find the best workflow.

Usually I will be provided a subtitle list in microsoft excel format (with subtile line and timecode), then I will import the file into a software call "subtitle edit", to generate a xml. file from it. Then I will import it into Pr,

螢幕快照 2020-12-30 下午5.58.42.png

Here is it, 1603 items in total.

Yet the preset of the subtitle is totally not what I was looking for,

螢幕快照 2020-12-30 下午5.58.05.png

All of them are in italic font, not centred in position, and I would like to add shadow to them too.

So here's the problem, is there any way I can change all the Title blocks at one?

ps. I have already tried the caption panel, improted with srt. subtile but this function as been reported to be buggy all the time. I don't know if its because srt. doesn't fit Premiere Pro the most or there are other reasons.

If there are other ways or other software/ plug-in, you find it very helpful when adding in subtitles please share with me too I will really appreciate it!

TL/DR: how to costomise subtiles from "excel" to "Premiere Pro" in an efficient way?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

About burning-in subtitle for movie. Seriously please help me......

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am working as a video asstant in a local film distribution company, and time to time there will be jobs about burning in subtitle, yet I still can't find the best workflow.

Usually I will be provided a subtitle list in microsoft excel format (with subtile line and timecode), then I will import the file into a software call "subtitle edit", to generate a xml. file from it. Then I will import it into Pr,

螢幕快照 2020-12-30 下午5.58.42.png

Here is it, 1603 items in total.

Yet the preset of the subtitle is totally not what I was looking for,

螢幕快照 2020-12-30 下午5.58.05.png

All of them are in italic font, not centred in position, and I would like to add shadow to them too.

So here's the problem, is there any way I can change all the Title blocks at one?

ps. I have already tried the caption panel, improted with srt. subtile but this function as been reported to be buggy all the time. I don't know if its because srt. doesn't fit Premiere Pro the most or there are other reasons.

If there are other ways or other software/ plug-in, you find it very helpful when adding in subtitles please share with me too I will really appreciate it!

TL/DR: how to costomise subtiles from "excel" to "Premiere Pro" in an efficient way?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only change one title at a time or use this workaround:

How to update multiple titles in Premiere Pro using InDesign

If I were you I would forget all about LEGACY titler and open the Caption Panel and make Open Captions.

Or download the Beta which has a whole new caption feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite the problems with the Caption tool in PR, this may be your best option. Burning in is less problematic (in the latest versions).

From SubtitleEdit, save as .srt. Import to PR. If that looks okay, great. If not, look at the Import Settings button in the Caption panel.

If the timings etc are off, go back to SubtitleEdit and work there.

If you see problems, let us know and we'll help.

The PR Beta caption workflow is getting better, but I think not ready for prime time. Also, when you use the captions in a project, the project is no longer compatible with the PR release version.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2020 1