Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access to the sound card for other applications

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening,
if Premiere pro is running in the background, is there a way to give access to the sound card for other applications? I want to learn something with a Youtube post, but I have no sound until Premiere is finished.

Thanks, Michael

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

You must have something not setup correctly. I have no problem running multiple apps and sharing the sound card. You didn't say what your computer is like, so I guess you want us to ... uh ... guess? My windows machine is setup as below, and I'm listening to No Doubt on Winamp while PP and PotPlayer play also...

MyerPj_0-1605117034491.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have something not setup correctly. I have no problem running multiple apps and sharing the sound card. You didn't say what your computer is like, so I guess you want us to ... uh ... guess? My windows machine is setup as below, and I'm listening to No Doubt on Winamp while PP and PotPlayer play also...

MyerPj_0-1605117034491.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you 'STOP' PRPRO from playing before you switch to other apps you should have access to sound. In my case if I have multiple apps playing at same time I hear a mixture of all of them. But I never tried to do tutorials ( for example ) with PPRO playing when switching to the tutorial. Cause I want to hear one or the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved quickly!

Hi MyerPj and salvo34, thanks for your answers - sorry MyerPj, I've forgotten: Win 10 per... - and it was exactly this setting I hadn't found. With Steinberg Cubase you can preset it in the program, so I had looked for it in PPRO too!

Greetings from Vienna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers! Stay safe in Vienna. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines