Accessing XMP/RDF sub elements in Premiere's Private Metadata using Extendscript

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to access a subelement in the XMP/rdf metadata that I get for a clip via its project item using getProjectMetadata().

A clip for example has a VideoInPoint property which is marked as rdf:ParseType="Resource" and contains a few sub element like "frame_rate" or "min" and "max" besides its direct value.

Now, while I can access the property's direct value, I wasn't able to access its children. 

The metadata for the video in point entry can be seen below for 2 secs of 30 fps video. I can access its direct timecode value via XMPMeta's getProperty() method providing the private Metadata Namespace URL and the path-like item name after the colon (Column.Intrinsic.VideoInPoint) . I'd like to access its sub elements, though.

I tried getStructField() from XMPMeta, but that's eitehr the wrong call or I just can't figure out the right path, namespaces, names...

Any hint towards the right API call is welcome. 

<premierePrivateProjectMetaData:Column.Intrinsic.VideoInPoint rdf:parseType="Resource">

<rdf:value>00:00:00:00</rdf:value>

<premierePrivateProjectMetaData:min>0</premierePrivateProjectMetaData:min>

<premierePrivateProjectMetaData:max>508032000000</premierePrivateProjectMetaData:max>

<premierePrivateProjectMetaData:offset>0</premierePrivateProjectMetaData:offset>

<premierePrivateProjectMetaData:time_display>104</premierePrivateProjectMetaData:time_display>

<premierePrivateProjectMetaData:frame_rate>8467200000</premierePrivateProjectMetaData:frame_rate>

</premierePrivateProjectMetaData:Column.Intrinsic.VideoInPoint>

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021
Hi Bruce, I might save that up for a trickier question in the future  I finally found the correct way to access those value. Those sub elements in the resource parsing type are qualifiers (with values...), not structFields. More of an semantic issue on my side, it seems. Using getQualifier() on the XMPMeta object I was able to get to the data. Thank you for now. There certainly will be more issues. Like really tricky questions abou the debugger 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me a mail describing (from a user's perspective) the workflow(s) you're trying to support; bbb@adobe.com.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bruce,

I might save that up for a trickier question in the future 🙂

I finally found the correct way to access those value. Those sub elements in the resource parsing type are qualifiers (with values...), not structFields. More of an semantic issue on my side, it seems.

Using getQualifier() on the XMPMeta object I was able to get to the data.

Thank you for now. There certainly will be more issues. Like really tricky questions abou the debugger 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines