• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

accidentally deleted a sequence and now i cant find it!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, im using cs6 premiere pro. i cut and pasted a 4 minute sequence but forgot to do the "paste" part. meanwhile i "cut" a different sequence and remembered after that i forgot to paste what i was originally working on! now i dont have that 4 minute sequence in my work. i tried to click undo but it only goes back twice. is there anyway i can find it? it took me hours to edit that 4 minute clip! thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you load your Autosaves to see if one has the Sequence you need?

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second Eric's suggestion. Just remember that with AutoSave, you have X number of AutoSave files, with 5 being the default. Those are FIFO (First In - First Out), so #5 might be older, than, say #3. Check the Date/Time stamps of those files. Also, you will find them in the AutoSave folder, under your Project's root folder.

Good luck, and hope that the Sequence is there for you.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, how do i check/load my autosaves??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bill explained, go into your Project directory and look for the autosaves directory for that project. Then just double click on each autosave to load that project file. If already inside Premiere then select file and then open project and then navigate to that Project's autosave directory.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

damn..just checked the autosave vault. not there. i use a mac and have time machine, do you think i might be able to recover it using time machine? never used it before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a PC-only guy, but with Windows, the AutoSaves are written to an AutoSave folder, that is automatically located below the Project's main folder hierarchy. Check the folder structure of your Project, and there should be a folder, with the name AutoSave in the name. Inside that folder, you should have five files (unless you changed the default). Check the Date/Time of those five (or more) AutoSave files, and select the latest one to Open. If that does not contain what you want/need, work backward from the newest, to the oldest.

Hope that you find one that Opens with what you want.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the 20/20 Hindsight department, it's probably better to Copy/Paste from now on, instead of Cut/Paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also this problem. Accidentally deleted a sequence last night, saved project, opened today and realized it late, so auto-saves doesn't include the deleted sequence. Is there another thing I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2016 Feb 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue! It just happened and I'm trying to look up my autosaves, but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a dork and don't know what the Project Directory even is...

I can't believe its so easy to just exit out of a sequence and evidently completely delete it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 13, 2016 Feb 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find your auto-save backups... With your Premiere project open, click "File > Project Settings > Scratch Disks...". A window will popup and at the bottom of the window should tell you where the "Project Autosave" location is. If you used the default settings when you set up the project it will be "Same as project". This will tell you where the auto-saves are located. Within Finder or Windows Explorer you can now sorted these files by date modified to work out which is the latest file, and open as normal. Make sure you "Save As" when you first open the project so you don't get confused.

You can also check in "Premiere Pro > Preferences > Auto Save..." to see if you have "Save backup project to Creative Cloud" selected, as you might also have backup files within your Creative Cloud folder if you have this set up.

In regards to Apple's Time Machine, after you set up Time Machine, it automatically makes hourly backups for the past 24 hours, daily backups for the past month, and weekly backups for all previous months. The oldest backups are deleted when your backup drive is full. If you happen to have your Premiere projects saved in a location that Time Machine backups up (i.e your Documents folder), then you MIGHT be in luck. To restore files from a Time Machine backup refer to: Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It worked - I had accidentally erased all renders for my project. Everything was here - in the autosaved files. 1000 thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, today your advice is still saving the day!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked. Thank you!

It would be so helpful when something like this happens, if the software knew what was wrong, found the file, and repaired itself.  

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines