Highlighted

Activation button in Adobe Encore

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I have created a Blu-Ray menu and it works so far. I have only one little problem. In subtitle menu I have a selection of different languages. To make it more lucid, I want that a round button pops up right next to the selected language. It should be better visible, which language is currently activated. 

In my case the round button pops up very briefly and disappears after a selection.

Is it even possible to create such button in Encore? If yes, what do I have to do?

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Activation button in Adobe Encore

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I have created a Blu-Ray menu and it works so far. I have only one little problem. In subtitle menu I have a selection of different languages. To make it more lucid, I want that a round button pops up right next to the selected language. It should be better visible, which language is currently activated. 

In my case the round button pops up very briefly and disappears after a selection.

Is it even possible to create such button in Encore? If yes, what do I have to do?

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the method Encore uses (from help):

Indicate the active audio or subtitle track
You can indicate to the viewer which audio or subtitle track is currently active when a menu is displayed. For example, if a viewer uses a menu to turn on French subtitles, watches the DVD, and then returns to the menu with subtitle options, the French subtitle option is selected, even if it wasn’t the default.
1. In the Project panel, select a menu that acts as a setup menu for the audio or subtitle tracks.
2. In the Properties panel, choose Active Audio Track or Active Subtitle Track from the Default Button menu.

However, when you select something else, it will throw this off. Generally you keep such choices on a separate submenu.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's clear and works so far. What I want is that when I choose e. g. French language within the Blu-Ray menu and not in the properties panel of Encore, then I want to have a round button visible on my screen. So I can see within the Blu-Ray menu which language currently is selected, without starting the movie like professional menus. This all should happen on my TV or Bluray player.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that all Encore will do, without some workarounds, is what I described. And all it is doing is selecting the "active" button as the default when that menu is shown, so as soon as you select a different button, it changes. And it only works correctly with dedicated (subtitle only/audio only) submenus.

The workaround (I'm not sure it is possible) is to use multiple menus with the correct option showing as a fixed graphic.  Then autoactivate selects a different menu when changed.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can select only language or subtitle in properties panel and that selection is for every menu active. What about when I have one Photoshop file for my whole menu (including language and subtitle setup)? So when I select language in that properties panel and switch to my subtitle menu, I see also language selected. It is not possible to select different options for every menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. In fact, if you combine audio and subtitles in one menu, you can only show the "active" indicator on one or the other.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0