Highlighted

adapting project to imported video

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I had a simple task the other day but it turned into a nightmare. I needed to cut the intro and the end of a mp4 video. 8minutes, nothig too fancy. The original file was 15Mb. I imported the video in premiere pro, removed what I had to remove and tried to export the video as an mp4 file. to get the same quality of the original video I had to export a file that was over  a giga. how is this possible? is there a way that premiere pro adapt the project to the quality of the imported file so that you can just cut and export getting the same quality and the same file dimension? 

ps: when I exported the video to get a lower file dimension the result was awful. the video was pixelated and ugly.

Thanks everyone for your help. 

TOPICS
Export, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

adapting project to imported video

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I had a simple task the other day but it turned into a nightmare. I needed to cut the intro and the end of a mp4 video. 8minutes, nothig too fancy. The original file was 15Mb. I imported the video in premiere pro, removed what I had to remove and tried to export the video as an mp4 file. to get the same quality of the original video I had to export a file that was over  a giga. how is this possible? is there a way that premiere pro adapt the project to the quality of the imported file so that you can just cut and export getting the same quality and the same file dimension? 

ps: when I exported the video to get a lower file dimension the result was awful. the video was pixelated and ugly.

Thanks everyone for your help. 

TOPICS
Export, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2020 0

Have something to add?