Highlighted

Add clip to timeline strangeness

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed something that tends to be a nuisance. I add a trimmed clip to timeline and it works perfectly. The next clip when I add I only get audio. The only way I can add to the original timeline is to create a new timeline and then copy and pate the clip into original timeline.
Has anyone seen this and have a work around?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

Most common user error is not source patching the track.
Solved by first opening clip in Source Monitor, set in and out point. Then drag/insert into timeline.

source patching.png

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Add clip to timeline strangeness

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed something that tends to be a nuisance. I add a trimmed clip to timeline and it works perfectly. The next clip when I add I only get audio. The only way I can add to the original timeline is to create a new timeline and then copy and pate the clip into original timeline.
Has anyone seen this and have a work around?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

Solved by first opening clip in Source Monitor, set in and out point. Then drag/insert into timeline.

source patching.png

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

source patching.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I just noticed that the V1 was toggled off! I have been using Premiere since vers1 and never noticed it! I always use the source and set in and out and set into timeline.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0