Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Edit, minor point / query

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Just a very minor query... When you add edit to a highlighted segment it will then leave the first part highlighted and deselect the 2nd segment.

Usually I feel it's the 2nd part i then need to cut again or delete, so I wondered if there was a setting to highlight the later segment instead of the first.

I even work backwards along timeline sometimes to speed this up. I don't see the po

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the frustration. No setting to change that. You can make a feature request.

Here's how I do that. With the track selected and Selection Follows Playhead enabled, move forward one frame—second half is now selected. If you do not want to have it enaabled, move forward one frame, press D—second half is now selected. If anyone else has a better suggestion, let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks mate.

Just realised my first message cuts off rather mysteriously 🙂

I meant to say, I don't see the point of leaving first half selected after a cut.

My 2 common times to make a cut are 1) to add cuts to an existing edit, moving along the timeline adding the cuts. (currently I do this backwards due to this)

And 2) to chop the end off a seg.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a go, but it's just a minor niggle. Just an extra click each time to select last seg.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines