Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add selection to new track

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

sorry if this has been covered before but I have had a look and couldn't see anything obvious. 

is there a way to take a selection from the source window and with a keyboard shortcut / button click insert that selection as a new audio and video track on the target sequence? 

im building out virtual choir / band performances and it would save time rather than having to drag over to the top of the timeline. If I could just have a key press to put each new selection onto a new track I can zip through all my source clips and know that all of the tracks on the sequence are occupied with no spares and nothing missed. 

thanks in advance! 

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

You will have to make the tracks first. You cannot target a track that is not there.

The insert and overwrite buttons show the kbsc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to make the tracks first. You cannot target a track that is not there.

The insert and overwrite buttons show the kbsc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok!

Thank you for the quick reply!
--
James.
[personal info deleted by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes you set an in and out point in the source window's timeline and just drag it on to the main timeline (drag from the little filmstrip icon under the video)

... also watch this video

🤣

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRh9Q9Gu5HQ&t=299s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines