• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a gradient to an adjustment layer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add a black-to-white graient over the left side of this clip and then set the blend mode to multiply to darken the left side of this clip.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this.

Thanks so much!

David R Ferry

Wasp Clip.jpg

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you just wanting a gradient darkening over the left side?

For that, I'd simply use the Lumetri panel, with a feathered mask on the effect (set that in the ECP at the top of that Lumetri effect) and then use the tonal controls to pull the brights down. You use the feathering for the gradient.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the gradient method all the time but there is no need for an adjustment layer. You can use Ye Old Legacy Titling tool to create a 4 point gradient. You can then select mutiply for the opacity. It is super easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines