Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding and removing mask path keyframe advances preview window by one frame

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I've been trying to use mask paths in the current Premiere Pro version on the also current version of Windows 10x64, but I've been encountering the following bug for months now:

Adding a key frame to the mask path SOMEHOW advances the preview window by one frame, even though the timestamp does NOT change. This makes masking correctly absolutely impossible since I'm essentially masking in the wrong frame. Have a look.

I'm wondering why this exist and who would need or even use it like that. Why does this happen? And, more importantly, how is it fixed?

Michael 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dint faced any issue with masking like yours in Premiere pro v15.0. I would suggest converting the .Mp4 clip into .mov or .avi format and then try masking it in Premiere Pro and see if you face the same issue or not.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again,

it seemed to have been the fact that the cause for this weird problem was the VFR of the source file, as suggested by AdobeCare.

Transcoding it to CFR seemed to have fixed it - I have yet to encounter the issue again after testing for a couple of hours.

Link to the support topic by Caroline:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-issues-with-screen-recorded-footage-in-premiere-pro/...

Best regards,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines