Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Blurred Border Effect Horizontal

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, everyone 

I follow this fella on YT and he explained to me how to do the neat blurred border effect on his videos. But for the life of me, I cannot understand what he means by scale up the bottom layer. Increase the value? When I did that I noticed no change. 

AT AT.pngBHD.1.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to scaling up (increasing scale above 100%) the lower track until it becomes blurry, you need to decrease the scale (less than 100%) of the upper track so the blurry lower track is visible around it.

You may need to render the timeline by pressing enter to make the red line turn to green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'll try that. Thank you. 

I duplicated the clip and placed it above the bottom one, then I tried increasing scale of the bottom later but I saw no change. It is almost as if the top layer is the only viewable layer when I put two layers of video on top of one another...? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your clip have burned in black bars?

If so then this blurring effect wont work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I captured the footage off of Disney + so that's how it played for me onscreen. So, yeah I guess it does 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I captured the footage off of Disney +"

Does Disney+ allow that in the user agreement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure but they've never given me an issue about it before. I operate under the Fair Use Doctrine. My channel isn't even monetized. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also when I decrease the scale of the other clip it is showing the vertical borders on the side. How do I fix that? lego.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never mind I fixed that lol 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines