• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Captions in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add captions to my video in Premiere Pro 2020 but am confused on the workflow. I watched the tutotial videos, but the layout was different and seemed to include options (like dragging and dropping of the captions) that I do not have. See the attached photo: if I could just add (+) a caption to the video, maybe it would be easy, but for some reason that button is grayed out.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ana,

Maybe you were watching the sparkly new captions workflow that's in the beta version. For you, you must start the captions process by choosing File > Captions. A Captions file then is found in your Project panel. Drag it to the place in the video you wish to caption (onto V2). Park the playhead on the caption and you will then see it on the Captions panel. You'll then have controls to add further captions. Hope that works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Small correction: File -> New -> Captions.

Or right click in Project Panel, then New Item -> Caption.

You can also import .srt and some other caption files.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines