• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding cross disolve to captions

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the new flow of adding subtitles/captions, however I can not find a way to add effects like cross disolve to transition text. I am currently only able to do that is the old fashioned text method. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround: see "Fade Each Caption In/ Out" in this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-controls-to-capti...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stephanie,

I appreciate your post. I'm sorry that the designers did not anticipate the need for content creators to use the captions more creatively. Until they address this issue, we're rather stuck with the current situation: using standard text for this action.

That said, I have an idea. If the workaround is too painful, consider converting the captions to standard text. Unfortunately, this workaround only works on Windows. I don't know of a tool with Mac that works yet. If you are on Mac, you can use Stan's workaround. Try that.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines