• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding double language caption to video

Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm trying to add a second language level of close caption to my video

I've written down the first caption stream (Italian language)  and now I want to write the second stream (English langage) without having to redo everything from the beginning. I would like to duplicate the first stream and then type the translation in the text boxs. is it possible?

Can't find any tutorial about this topic

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I have just seen a topic about this here (it didn't show me that in the search before...) https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/open-captions-problem-with-duplicating/td-p/9292615?page...

i would delete this post but it doesn't let me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can import captions back into Premiere as you would import any other clip, and then just drop it onto the timeline.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, follow Merik's advice, and export a caption file (set)and then reimport it. I would also rename it after it is exported.

You do not want to duplicate the caption stream inside premier, as this results in premier treating it as less than an independent caption stream. Much of the thread you linkd to was users trying to figure out how to work around the problems that resulted from using duplicate streams.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for you answer, i didn't expect to have one since I moved to the other thread, that's why I haven't check this thread again.

best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines