• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding effect presets with double-click rather than drag

Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have a clip selected on the timeline I can double-click on an effect (eg. Gaussian Blur) in the effects panel and it will apply it to the clip. This also works if I drag an effect from the 'Video Effects' bin to a custom bin to make a shortcut: I can double click on the shortcut to apply the effect to a selected clip.

However, if I make a preset (by right-clicking on 1 or more effects in the 'Effect Controls' panel) then this preset goes into the 'Presets' folder/bin in the Effects panel and double clicking on this does NOT apply the effect/s to the clip. I have to drag the preset onto the clip.

Am I missing something here, is this expected behaviour? Is there a way to apply a preset using some combination of keyboard/mouse controls so I don't have to drag and drop?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Expected behavior. Not always the slickest, but that's what you do. Drag presets to the clip.

Niel

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expected behavior. Not always the slickest, but that's what you do. Drag presets to the clip.

Niel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought so.

I have sequences with lots of effects stacks which I need to put on lots of clips. It would be nice to be able to hit the down key on the keyboard to go to the next clip on my 'effects clips' track and then apply the appropriate preset by double clicking in the effects panel. This is just a timesaver in my particular workflow but tbh the behaviour seems inconsistent as well.

Feature request it is then...

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't always used to be this way. Double clicking used to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines