Copied

How do you add additional fonts to adobe Premiere Pro CC

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

As listed above:

For WIN PC: Right-click and choose INSTALL for any number of fonts.

For MAC: Double-Click and choose INSTALL to install the font.

Most Adobe apps should immediately update the fonts within the application unless you are in the middle of editing type. Usually its better if you go to the standard Move/Select tool and then back to editing type. Occasionally a font will not load correctly--so you must restart the application. Other issues can come down to font type. OTF (Opentype) and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

If Windows, search http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US to find out how to add fonts to the correct folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I have a mac so I had to download an otc file. Go to Use>Library>Fonts and drop it in. Create a title in Premiere. Click on the the screen line you are about to make a title. On the right side of your screen there are a bunch of options. There's a place where you can choose your text. If you've downloaded the proper version for your computer and placed it in the fonts folder then it should be there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere can be a bit picky when it comes to fonts.

They are installed in the OS and they need to be Truetype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For clarification, I do not have a MAC I run PPro on a PC. Does anyone know how to add additional (third party) fonts to a PC, I want to use them in PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click or right click the font file.  There is usually an option to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this topic is a year old but it's the one that came up when I did a search on how to install a font from Premiere Pro

In case it helps anyone else in the future, everything worked as described above with the addition that I had to do a restart before the font showed up when preparing titles.   This was probably clear to everyone but me, but..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS! I could not get the new font to show up, when i saw your post I restarted and all is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Right click on font

2. Open with > Font Book

3. Fontbook window pops up. Bottom right says "Install Font"

4. Click install

5. Restart Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One easier, and obvious method, is to add it to your computer. Premiere reads the fonts from your computer. I know that answer sounds stupid, but its the easier way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As listed above:

For WIN PC: Right-click and choose INSTALL for any number of fonts.

For MAC: Double-Click and choose INSTALL to install the font.

Most Adobe apps should immediately update the fonts within the application unless you are in the middle of editing type. Usually its better if you go to the standard Move/Select tool and then back to editing type. Occasionally a font will not load correctly--so you must restart the application. Other issues can come down to font type. OTF (Opentype) and TrueType are most likely the most popular formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right click on what???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it!

Just go to Font Book and add the font under COMPUTER (not user). Simply click the button and install it from there. The new font should appear in your Premiere Pro as it only pulls font under COMPUTER.

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 4.57.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on what? The Adobe Premiere app? Something in Premiere? What?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still isn't working for me. Does it matter where on  your computer you save a font or does it scan through all of your folders and drives for fonts?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines