• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding mono audio tracks

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to record from my mic input, I commonly need to add mono audio tracks in Premiere Pro. The only way I know to add a mono audio track is to go through the pain of telling the "Add tracks" dialog that I don't want video tracks, I want 1 audio track, and I want it to be a mono track.

Is there an easier way? Is there a way to tell Premiere that new audio tracks should be mono by default? Or is there a way to change the track type of an empty audio track from stereo to mono?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try in Preferences / Timeline / Default Audio Tracks in Mono Media: Mono. Or in Stereo Media: set to Mono.

Captura de pantalla 2020-10-19 a la(s) 20.41.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that answer my question? I assumed that those settings control the track type if I import some media, for example I might want PP to always import videos as stereo even if the clip is mono or 5.1.

In my scenario, I was hoping for some setting that would tell PP what type of audio track to create if I right-click the track header and select "Add track" (singular). Currently it always adds a stereo track, and I haven't found a way to either change that behavior or to change the stereo track to mono.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on an audio track and select add tracks, you will get a pop up menu from there key in 0 for video and how ever many you need for audio. In the track type drop down choose mono.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add a mono track:

AnnBens_0-1701194471383.png

Or make a sequence preset to set a default mono track.

AnnBens_1-1701194489831.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines